Monday, August 9, 2010

Trying My Hand At New Things

I have said I was going to try out music reviews, well, here one is. Please feel free to comment on it. When I say comment I mean constructive criticism.

Band: xDeathstarx
CD: We Are The Threat
Label: Facedown Records
Hometown: Redlands, California
Sounds Like: xTyrantx, xArmed for Battlex, Sleeping Giant, Seventh Star
Rating: Two Thumbs Up
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/xdeathstarx


Members:
Eric Gregson - vocals
Ryan Bermuda - vocals
Jason Keller - vocals
Ryan Gregson - guitar
Corey Johnson - guitar
Nick Smith - drums

xDeathstarx is by far one of my favorite bands. We Are The Threat is the second full album they came out with. I would write about the other one first, but they re-released their other full length album. Thus I am going to write about this one first. The "x" in front of and behind their name signifies the band as "straight edge." Straight edge is anti-drugs, drinking, smoking, and in some cases premarital sex. The band is Christian, and they write about the fallen morals of society; they also write about straight edge(sxe) values as well as incorporating Christian beliefs into their songs.

Hits: The CD is very aggressive and very musical at the same time. Most of the lyrics are in your face and down to the point. I really enjoyed how they incorperated both Christian and sxe values into their music to make the world appear as bad as it is. XDeathstarx doesn't sugarcoat a thing.

Misses: I don't agree with some of the lyrics like for example they talk about the Rapture. I personally don't believe in it, but it is still great they are reaching out to those kids who need the help they are providing.

The Bottom Line: Buy this album if you want something that is in your face and very brutal.

No comments:

Post a Comment