Friday, August 20, 2010

Love pt. 2

This time we are going to look at love with a whole new perspective; we are going to look at it as more of a action as opposed to a feeling or a mindset.

"'As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other.'"

John 15: 9-17

This passage is crazy! It is so amazing because Jesus calls us friends after he tells us that the best kind of love is dying for your friend. What does he do not long after he tells us this? He dies on the cross for us, his friends. How awesome is that?

As I have said before the best way to love God is to love other people, and the best way to love other people is by loving God. Last night my girlfriend and I had this crazy discussion. She doesn't see us as boyfriend, and girlfriend. This is how she sees it, "I see it as siblings in Christ, friends, then boy/girlfriend." I think it is really cool how she puts our relationship last and how she puts God first, and she also described it as being friends with benefits. She didn't use those words, but that almost how she put it. Yeah sure we hug on each other and stuff, but we aren't going crazy when it comes to getting physical. We may hold hands like all the time, but we are still talking the whole time.

God is also a major part of our relationship. We pray every chance we can, and we also do Bible studies whenever we have the opportunity. When we were talking about it, we said that doing this kind of thing makes us excited for God, and it has strengthened our relationship.

I ended up telling her I love her, even though she doesn't like it when I say that. We had a little "boy girl fight" over this, but we quickly resolved it. I will talk more about that at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment