Monday, August 16, 2010

Bloody Ears

Last night I went to a concert and it was sick. The lineup was: Taken by Talons, A Bullet For Pretty Boy, Inhale Exhale, Sleeping Giant, and Demon Hunter. I decided to put each band's myspace so you could see what they are like.

Taken By Talons was a decent band. They played enough songs, and the vocalist was good. He knew how to growl and do some other crazy stuff with his voice. Their guitarist was also really good. http://www.myspace.com/takenbytalons

A Bullet For Pretty Boy was a disappointment. They only played four songs, and they were extremely repetitive. During every song they had us clap. I stopped after they asked for the third song. They also told us who they were after every stinking song. On the upside they did talk about Jesus and they prayed before they went onto the stage. http://www.myspace.com/abulletforprettyboy

Inhale Exhale was a lot of fun. I didn't know any of their songs, but they were very sick because they wanted people moshing the whole time. I didn't mosh, but I had fun watching them do it. They were also very full of energy and were handbanging and jumping around a lot. I bought a shirt, and their new CD and enjoy them both. http://www.myspace.com/inhaleexhale

Sleeping Giant was a band I had heard about through HM magazine(Hard Music) and I was really stoked to see them live. I heard they did some preaching and they also were really worshipful. They were 100% brutal. I was not let down in any way shape or form. The vocalist shared his testimony and he also shared a couple stories about what he and his band have done. I ended up losing my voice because they had me screaming along with them. I would love to see them again. They did some really sick stuff when on stage that was totally worshipful. I won't explain it here because I don't want to ruin it for you if you go see them live. http://www.myspace.com/sleepingxgiant

Demon Hunter and I have come a long way. They are the band that got me into metal. I was super excited to see them live because they have been my favorite band since I first fell in love with them. It was really cool because I knew 75% of their songs and Ryan told us if you know the words sing along. Boy, did I sing my heart out. I lost my already lost voice because of them. It was really cool because I got to shake the hand of Ryan Clark, who is the vocalist for Demon Hunter. I would also love to see them live a second time. http://www.myspace.com/demonhunter

All in all the concert was a blast, and I am now hooked on shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment