Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Great Expectation

I was reading my Bible tonight, when this passage struck me.  Mark 7: 24-30 really shocks me.  I know that demons and even satan MUST flee when  the name of Jesus is declared, but with this passage God's name isn't said. 

Why did the demon leave?  Of course!  Jesus has enough faith to expect the demons should flee, and flee they did.  It's so amazing when you think about it.  You don't have to utter God's name to see healing, and demons cast out.  It sure helps though.

I just think it's really neat how demons listen to our expectations.  It takes a ton of faith, that I frankly don't have yet.  I would love to have this faith, so God please grant me this faith. 

Another thing that I have been wrestling with lately is the whole idea of furthering the Kingdom.  What exactly is the Kingdom?  It's wherever God's will is being carried out.  It may not seem like it but running around with other Christians is furthering the Kingdom.

How?  We are having fellowship, it's really cool how the most random things are spreading God's will.  I wish I knew more about God's will... I guess that's where I should practice my discernment more.

No comments:

Post a Comment