Friday, June 4, 2010

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

"But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10


These verses have come up several times in the past few months. Coincidence? I think not. I think it is God telling me "Hey, don't complain about your problems instead be happy you have them. Be happy I can work through your problems to make you a better person, and help others through it."


Lately one of my friends has been bugging me about my perspective in life. They wanted my to change the way I saw what happened in my childhood, what is going on at home, in school, and the like. Because I look at things so negatively does that make me a bad person? No not in my own opinion. "Darkness does not always equate to evil. Just as light does not always bring good" P.C. Cast. It is when someone else is in need that my light side shines and I really come out and help people. I am the kind of person who does not mind having a shirt with snot on it because you were crying so hard on my shoulder. I feel "Splanchna" (which means feeling a gut wrenching compassion) for people I see that are hurting. No one ever comes to me with their problems and it really hurts me when they do that. It hurts me even worse when I pass up an opportunity to help others. I see problems in things that other people never even thought about. The way I see God is much different then the way others see Him. Just ask about my refrigerator or my rug analogies. If you take away my perspective you take away me. Simple as that. You may have noticed I put this paragraph in past tense. I did this because this friend of mine bailed out on me. This is in my own opinion I tend to make myself the victim.

I wrote this a while ago, as a result, I apologize because it is so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment