Monday, September 6, 2010

Did You Ever Have A Touch To Lose?

I am going to kick this off with a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLALa7pv3_w

Here are the lyrics to the song. Please read along with the lyrics to one of my favorite songs as you listen to it.

"I swear I've done this before.
Oh so familiar is the mess that I'm in.
I once knew.
Now memories escape and people meet their fate.
This says the man walking out on his wife: "And now the whole world knows".
This says the kid with the rope around his neck: "And now they all will know".
And can't you see that there's still hope, and don't you drown in what the world has told you...
Now I know that I've been here before.
It's the feel of defeat when it finally sinks in.
I feel so desperate.
The barrier is so thick.
Can I get through to you?
"Will I learn from this second chance", says the man who was dropping his pants.
"Do I really deserve to live", says that kid who was slitting his wrists.
And can't you see that there's still hope, and don't you drown in what the world has told you...
I once saw.
But now I am exhausted from this mess, from this mess."

I don't fully understand the lyrics to this song, but I think they are really good. What I can fathom I like and what I don't understand I want to like. If you have any ideas as to what it could mean please let me know.

One of the ways I interpreted the song is how the songwriter either was in the situations, and lots of people found out, or he knows/knew someone who was close who did the said things. Of course I could be wrong.

Another way I sometimes take the song is the possibility that the songwriter thought up some pretty nasty situations, and then decided to write about them.

I just found out that Angie starts prayers how I do. We both start them with "hey God." She picked it up from me. Also, I started to pick up some stuff from her. She says "also" a lot(see how I copied it not too long ago?), and she also taught me how to type out yarp instead of yup. I just realized that we both say "whatchu" instead of "what are you." We have both come to the decision that we are becoming the same person. Which is what we get for hanging out as much as we do.

On a side note: my dad picked up a concordance for me today. Concordances for those who don't know are things in the back of your Bible that have Bible verses listed that relate to certain topics. This means I can write blog posts better huzzah. It also means I can write Bible studies for the club that I am running.

No comments:

Post a Comment